Tuesday, June 8, 1982 -- New York -- Baltimore -- New York

I had to go to Baltimore to see Richard Weisman's father, Fred, present my portraits of Ten Sports Figures to the University of Maryland. By the way, does the Diary know that Fred Weisman got his skull fractured by Frank Sinatra in the sixties? At the Polo Lounge in Los Angeles. They didn't know each other. Sinatra hit him with a phone.
     Decided to fly on New York Air because I'd done the commercial for them, and it was a mistake because the plane didn't take off for forty-five minutes, they said they were waiting for parts but I think they were just waiting for the plane to fill up. And nobody mentioned my commercial, not even the stewardess when she handed me a bagel.
     Arrived at University of Maryland and a girl comes running up and says, "How does it feel to be at the school that graduated Valerie Solanis? I didn't know that Valerie went there! I'd never heard that, so that was new.
     Was photographed and invited to the house of the president. And so we walked over across the campus, to his house, to sit and chat with a select few, which is always so boring. Got the shuttle and was back in New York at 3:45.
     Rupert came and we worked on the poster for the Fassbinder movie till 8:00.

Warhol, A. (1989). The Andy Warhol Diaries (P. Hackett, Ed.). Pg. 445. New York: Warner Books.