Tuesday, May 11, 1982 [Tugboat photo]

Got up early, did the phones. Had an appointment with Doc Cox, walked up there. The receptionist lit into me about how I didn't pay my bills on time and how Vincent was so awful when she called and I was starting to tell her off but then I stopped. And Doc Cox could hear everything so I guess he was the one who told her to say those things. And Rosemary is still the big cheese over there. I had an 11:00 appointment but I didn't get out until 1:00 or 1:30.
   The New York Times had a big article about gay cancer, and how they don't know what to do with it. That it's epidemic proportions and they say that these kids who have sex all the time have it in their semen and they've already had every kind of disease there is--hepatitis one, two, and three, and mononucleosis, and I'm worried that I could get it by drinking out of the same glass or just being around these kids who go to the baths."

Warhol, A. (1989). The Andy Warhol Diaries (P. Hackett, Ed.). Pg. 442. New York: Warner Books.