Thursday, October 2, 1986

Steve Rubell also told me while he was spraying spit all over me that Barry Diller was giving a big party for Calvin Klein's new marriage and where should he have it?
     I took Sam to the Whitney Museum party for Keith and Kenny that I was hosting. Michel Roux of Absolute Vodka was giving it. Keith asked me what big move stars I was bringing. He said Nick Rhodes was in town and I don't know why Nick hasn't called me. I know he's been here a while. He's being distant.
     Got to the Whitney early, had to do some press. Some museum people were there but Tom Armstrong wasn't. Later he said he didn't come down because he was "upstairs because it was cooler there. Jane Holzer came around 8:30 and we walked to Mortimer's and the block was roped off for the party.
     Peter Allen sang inside but I missed it and later when he asked me if I heard it and I said no, he turned away. Another distant person. If I run into Sylvia Miles and she's distant, I'll know I'm really in trouble. Then at 9:15 we left. Jane and I went to La Reserve at 4 West 49th for the dinner that Michel Roux was giving for Keith and Kenny, they've both done paintings of the Absolut Vodka bottle. Had fun there.
     Jane walked me home. I watched Letterman and I like the lady admiral he had on. Oh, and Quentin Crisp was at the Whitney and he looks younger than ever, just great. He told me that Letterman, when you're on his show, it's like being out with a gay guy -- you know how they're always looking past you, looking around for somebody better. He said that's what Letterman's like on the air.
     And I took my quarter-Valium and went to bed. And I guess I have to confess to the Diary that I am a Valium addict. I'm addicted. because I read in the paper the symptoms and I've got them. And starting in December you're going to need more signatures to get them, so I'll have to stock up now.

Warhol, A. (1989). The Andy Warhol Diaries (P. Hackett, Ed.). 763-764. New York: Warner Books.