Thursday, June 16, 1983

Timothy Hutton came to be interviewed by Maura and me. Maura, I could tell, wasn't really hot for him, the sparks weren't flying. But (laughs) I was hot for him. He was so adorable. He looked scruffy. He's just finished Daniel. 
     Frank Zappa came to be interviewed for our TV show and I think that after the interview I hated Zappa even more than when it started. I remember when he was so mean to us when the Mothers of Invention played with the Velvet Underground -- I think both at the Trip, in L.A. , and at the Fillmore in San Francisco. I hated him then and I still don't like him. And he was awfully strange about Moon. I said how great she was, and he said, "Listen, I created her. I invented her." Like, "She's nothing, it's all about me." And I mean, if it were my daughter I would be saying "Gee, she's so smart" but he's taking all the credit. It was peculiar.
     Then Stellan from Sweden was waiting and we went over to Sandro Chia's on West 23rd and 10th Avenue. And he has almost the whole building now. He has a lithographic press that he want other artists to use. I guess he's making it like a foundation, a tax thing. And he's supposed to be giving me a picture, and that's why I wanted to go over there, but he gave me one I didn't like. I wanted a Floating Man one. And Benjamin said he looked in Chia's eyes and that they were "wild eyes." And afterwards I said to Benjamin, "Well what do you mean?" I said, "Look into my eyes and what do you see?" And Benjamin said, "Troubled eyes." I said, "Oh who do you think you are?"

Warhol, A. (1989). The Andy Warhol Diaries (P. Hackett, Ed.). Pg. 507. New York: Warner Books.