Tuesday, December 29, 1981 - Aspen

Got up early, and by then I did have an altitude problem. Dropped Peter and Jon on the slopes, went with Christopher to get groceries, spent a couple of hours in town. Met all these people who were surprised seeing me and I didn't recognize them in their ski clothes. Tatum O'Neal came over and she looked so cute and beautiful in her white ski suit.
     And then it was such a pretty day, the sun was out and it was cold for Aspen but it was the best snow they've ever had.
     We went to Angelo's Restaurant for dinner and Sonny Bono came over and said he was getting married on New Year's Eve to his girlfriend Susie and he invited me to his wedding party at Cathy Lee Crosby's and also he was having a shower later that night for Susie and Andre's, which is the only disco in town.
     When we got to Andre's Cathy Lee didn't know who I was at first. It was like trying to get into Studio 54, and I just don't think any of those things are worth it. So I just said to Chris, "I just can't stand it, let's get out of here."


Warhol, A. (1989). The Andy Warhol Diaries (P. Hackett, Ed.). Pg. 423. New York: Warner Books.