Saturday, December 12, 1981

Halston called and invited me to dinner for Jade Jagger. Brought Jade a Dollar Sign painting. Bianca is trying to be a Communist, she's a Nicaraguan guerrilla now. Halston was funny telling her how beautiful she looked and how rich her clothes were, and I told her I'd just been to see Mrs. Marcos and she said how could I, and I said that if the Marcos regime fell it'd just be another Iran.
     Steve Rubell was there and Ian came, and Ian is having an affair with Jane Holzer, which I didn't know about, but he thought I did so he was talking as if I knew, trying to pump me about Jane. But he was after Bianca, too, he wanted to drop her off. Calvin called a couple of times for Steve. Calvin's kind of great. he does anything he wants--he takes ads in Interview and in WWD, and he goes to 54 and to Xenon--he doesn't let anyone push him around.
     Bianca's going down to testify about Nicaragua in Washington, I just don't know what she's thinking she's doing.

Warhol, A. (1989). The Andy Warhol Diaries (P. Hackett, Ed.). Pg. 420. New York: Warner Books.