Monday, September 20, 1982

It was a busy day but I left early to catch Lana Turner at Bloomingdale's ($8). Bought one of her books ($16). Then went up to her and she said, "I don't think I want to talk to you I've taken you out of my prayers, you said I was better when I hadn't found God, so now I pray for you -- badly." So I think it was something I said in the Faye Dunaway interview in Interview, I guess she read it. and I didn't know what to do, I was a nervous wreck, I said, "Oh no, Lana, you've got to pray for me, please put me back in your prayers!" And I said, "Oh won't you please autograph your book to me?" And so she finally did and wrote "To a Friend" with a question mark and then "God Bless You" with another question mark. And Lana and her fairy hairdresser and I were all there with the same hair.

Warhol, A. (1989). The Andy Warhol Diaries (P. Hackett, Ed.). Pg. 461. New York: Warner Books.