Tuesday, December 16, 1980

Truman was reading at Lincoln Center and Brigid decided she wasn't going to go because she felt too fat, but she made me promise to swear that she was there if he asked. Jane Holzer was sending the limo to pick me up. It was the Mitzi Newhouse Theater, we had fourth-row center, next to Halston and Martha Graham. Lester [Persky] was there, and Suzi Frankfurt, and Rex Reed. It wasn't completely sold-out, but it was pretty filled. Truman was cute, he explained each thing first, he got up on his toes and snapped his fingers and it was like disco and that was the best part. He read and acted the parts out. He read the maid story, and he read "A Christmas Memory" and a couple of other ones. Then afterward everybody was telling him how wonderful he was, because it was all friends. Rex told him the reading "touched my soul." Truman was shaking. The first thing he asked me was where Brigid and I swore she was there, and he said, "Well, then where is she?" and I said she had to go home, but I think he knew.

Warhol, A. (1989). The Andy Warhol Diaries (P. Hackett, Ed.). Pg. 349. New York: Warner Books.

NOTES: Suzi Frankfurt